Company: Top Tier Reinsurance for L&H
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of pricing terms and reinsurance solutions to clients ensuring high technical standards of experience and risk analyses, as well as the production of high-quality pricing papers.
- Responsible for assigned reviews and upkeep of pricing methodologies, pricing frameworks and pricing tools.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of our clients, regulatory developments and of reinsurance/insurance industry trends. Responsible for applying actuarial judgement and ensuring those developments are considered and where appropriate reflected in the pricing of business as well as in the provision of technical support, risk assessment and pricing expertise to colleagues.
- Supporting the business development team in building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and promoting the company brand, including:
- Involvement in creating and preparing reinsurance solutions in accordance with Company standards with a focus on working in partnership with our clients to develop innovative solutions to their business challenges,
- Promoting reinsurance solutions to a specific potential client or groups of potential clients,
- Presenting our proposition to the client onsite at the insurer’s offices
- Qualified Actuary (IOA / SOA / IOAA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Life (Re)insurance industry, with experience in ARS transactions
- Strong analytical skills, combined with excellent technical and commercial judgement with the ability to produce justifiable and practical pricing guidance even where data is sparse
- Sound understanding of underwriting and claims practices and the interaction with pricing
- Direct or indirect Asian market experience
- Fluency in an Asian language is an advantage
- Knowledge of major regulatory capital and accounting frameworks (e.g. Solvency II, RBC, IFRS) is an advantage
- Experience with systems such as Access, Excel, SAS, SQL, Emblem is an advantage